Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
Founder and Lightning is a pioneering venture builder. We work with commercially-minded, non-technical founders to start tech companies, launch new products and disrupt industries.
Our product managers, delivery managers, UI/UX designers and developers work closely with founders to bring their ideas to life, and our strategic teams combine commercial, product and technology acumen to help you to build, fund and scale great tech-based businesses.
Founder and Lightning has helped to build 25 companies in the last 5 years, with a total current valuation of over £185m.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
- Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
- Developing unit tests for all codebases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
- Developing dynamic and intuitive application interfaces that deliver real value to the end-user
- Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
- Providing technically valid and cost-effective solutions to the founder
- Working alongside a specialist team (Designers, Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers)
- Taking responsibility and looking for viable solutions whilst working in a team
What we need and what you have:
- Experience with Heroku, Github and error tracking software (we use Rollbar). Or a will to learn.
- Experience with relational databases and database design (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL)
- Basics of web security, or a will to learn
- General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment, CI, MVPs, Lean, Kanban
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication