Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
In our simplest form, we create startups that might otherwise not exist. We just can't get enough of empowering our founders to solve real problems with clever solutions. We live and breathe agile development and specialise in getting their start-ups to market. We also love to get up close and personal with our founders so we help them across the board with product guidance, business strategy, marketing campaigns, legal advice, future finance and more.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Reporting to the Delivery Director, Product Managers are responsible for validating and transforming a founder’s business idea, into a fully functioning business. This could be building an MVP from scratch or digitising an existing business.
- This role will act as part of a technical co-founding team, taking founders on a journey; taking a vision from an idea to a live software product.
- You will have the opportunity to work across the full business lifecycle - from idea validation, product discovery, MVP definition and scoping, launch, scale-up, exit.
- By using product management concepts, you will rapidly assess a situation and use your experience to create a plan to make progress. You will then plan and execute a software product build (scoping, user story mapping, prioritisation)
- Lead in user research and testing to gather requirements and validate the potential solution(s).
- Partnering with a product designer, you will use UX principles to create wireframes to describe the user journey and create a prototype that can be taken into a full UI design.
- Typical projects could be timeboxed ‘discoveries’ to validate an idea. 3 month MVPs which are built to test a concept and create a foundation for iteration. Testing, learning and evolving an existing business that needs digitising or optimising.
- You will have the opportunity to speak with multiple potential start up founders, acting in a consultant pre-sales capacity to advise on how to take an idea to market using LEAN Startup principles. This is a fantastic way to expand your experience and develop strategic and board level thinking.
- You will work with new business and account management teams to run discovery workshops, work on commercial pricing and help with proposal writing for prospects/customers.
- You will work with the founder to ensure quality is delivered at all times. Your stakeholder management, project management and account management skills will be developed and perfected.
- You will create roadmaps that articulate the product strategy clearly to non-technical founders, show uncertainty, risk and learning in addition to how they are navigated by iterative product releases.
- High level roadmaps will be translated by the Product Manager and Product Designer into actionable batches of work for engineering and design teams to provide solutions for in trackable stages to connect your strategy with your development team.
- You will work independently and as part of a team when documenting specifications, product testing and ensuring we are building the right thing for the right reason at all times. This will mean getting stuck in and knowing where you can help your team succeed.
What we need and what you have:
- You are an inquisitive client facing Product Manager who believes in building the right thing for the right reason.
- You like working closely with people to understand, validate and build a vision. You get excited about building new concepts from the ground up.
- You have a passion for start ups and building up businesses from scratch.
- You are passionate about technology and digital products.
- Great communication comes naturally to you and you are not afraid to ask lots of questions or have difficult conversations to get the right solution.
- You believe in constant learning and use lean/agile delivery to accelerate your learning.
- You are well organised, detail orientated and data driven.
- You are used to working within tight timeframes, budgets and able to work across multiple products. We don’t fix scopes so embracing constraints and using the time you have in the best way is essential.
- You have a flexible can-do approach and will happily wear multiple hats and get stuck into to get the job done well
- You love to research the latest trends and industry best practice and share them with your colleagues.
Key skills you'll have:
- Client facing Product Management experience.
- Experience using UX principles and creating wireframes.
- Experience creating and owning a product roadmap or strategy.
- Experience of using user story mapping to understand scope.
- Experience scoping and defining products / features and creating sprint plans.
- Knowledge of validation techniques and when to apply them.
- Passionate about the technology/SaaS sector.
- Experience of Kanban development boards and leading a team of developers and designers towards defined product goals.
- Competent at completing user research, testing and writing user stories
- Experience working in a consultancy or for start-ups/new products
- Built software products from the ground up/produced MVPs
- Comfortable using lean, agile, and software development lifecycle frameworks
- Enough technical understanding to work closely with engineers and act as a translator between engineers and non-technical founders.
- Excellent communication skills (internal, client, written and verbal)
- Good knowledge of analytical tools and how they can be used to track and assess performance
- Comfortable with tools such as Figma/Balsamiq, Trello (or similar), Typeform, Webflow (or similar), Analytics tools: Mixpanel, GoogleAnalytics, GoogleTagManger, Hotjar, Heroku, Google Sheets, Zapier.
- Business analysis
- Agile project management
- Professional experience within one or more of Fintech, SaaS, Martech, Proptech, Marketplaces.
- Location: We support “working from anywhere” with occasional travel to workshops and meetings to London and other parts of the UK
- You’ll actually be a part of something amazing (we build great startups!)
- We work on ideas through inception, validation, planning, building, launching and growing - so you’ll be able to hone your skills across the whole product lifecycle!
- Working directly with founders, designers and engineers in small, autonomous and full stack teams means you aren’t siloed and can work on the things that move the needle each week
- Mentorship is a given so you’ll actually learn something through hands-on experience
- Imagine more opportunities than you can shake a stick at and that’s about right
- You have full autonomy over your efforts (so give yourself a real challenge)
- We listen to your ideas and empower you to impact the direction of real products
- Satisfaction is guaranteed if you work as hard as your CV says you do
- You can help teach and mentor other team members to get that feel good feeling!