Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
Founder and Lightning is a pioneering venture builder. We work with commercially-minded, non-technical founders to start tech companies, launch new products and disrupt industries.
Our product managers, delivery managers, UI/UX designers and developers work closely with founders to bring their ideas to life, and our strategic teams combine commercial, product and technology acumen to help you to build, fund and scale great tech-based businesses.
Founder and Lightning has helped to build 25 companies in the last 5 years, with a total current valuation of over £185m.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
- Coding, testing and maintaining our core backend Symfony+Sonata applications: CRM, Musical metadata and API
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
- Being responsible for the overall delivery and quality of the product
- Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
- Developing unit tests for all codebases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
- Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
- Providing technically valid and cost-effective solutions
- Compiling documentation frequently
- Working alongside a specialist team (Designers, Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers)
- Taking responsibility and looking for viable solutions
What we need and what you have:
- 3+ years experience in PHP (vast knowledge about PHP 7.x)
- 2+ years knowledge of mainstream PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
- Knowledge of Linux commands, Security, Performance
- Proficient in Databases and SQL
- General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment
- Basics of web security, or a will to learn
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication