Senior or Lead Developer - PHP
Who we are
In our simplest form, we create startups that might otherwise not exist. We just can't get enough of empowering our founders to solve real problems with clever solutions. We live and breathe agile development and specialise in getting their start-ups to market. We also love to get up close and personal with our founders so we help them across the board with product guidance, business strategy, marketing campaigns, legal advice, future finance and more.
What you’ll be doing
- Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
- Coding, testing and maintaining our core backend Symfony+Sonata applications: CRM, Musical metadata and API
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
- Being responsible for the overall delivery and quality of the product
- Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
- Developing unit tests for all codebases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
- Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
- Providing technically valid and cost-effective solutions
- Compiling documentation frequently
- Working alongside a specialist team (Designers, Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers)
- Taking responsibility and looking for viable solutions
What we need and what you have:
- 5+ years experience in PHP (vast knowledge about PHP 7.x)
- 2+ years knowledge of mainstream PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
- Knowledge of Linux commands, Security, Performance
- Proficient in Databases and SQL
- General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment
- Basics of web security, or a will to learn
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication
Founder + Lightning is much more than just a place to work. What sets us apart is our unique, people-centric culture that keeps evolving. Our culture is an integral part of our organisational DNA that is unrivalled by most in the industry.
Founder + Lightning is a place to learn, thrive, and grow. And we take great care in developing and nurturing it.
What do we believe in? Whenever in doubt remember to:
- Push the boundaries of what you think you can achieve.
- Just get on and do it.
- Do the right thing when nobody's looking.
- Really care about what you are working on and whom you are working with.
- Be approachable and behave in a way that makes people want to work with you.
You’re going to love it here!
Thank you for your interest, this position has been filled.