Quality Assurance Engineer
Who we are
Founder and Lightning is a pioneering venture builder. We work with commercially-minded, non-technical founders to start tech companies, launch new products and disrupt industries.
Our product managers, delivery managers, UI/UX designers and developers work closely with founders to bring their ideas to life, and our strategic teams combine commercial, product and technology acumen to help you to build, fund and scale great tech-based businesses.
Founder and Lightning has helped to build 25 companies in the last 5 years, with a total current valuation of over £185m.
What you’ll be doing
- You'll be part of a fantastic purpose-driven organisation, waking up every day to build products people love to use.
- Practising agile methodologies, continuous learning and improvements focusing on high-quality delivery and never giving up attitude to accomplish the best work you have ever done.
- Interact with the whole startup team, including founders, product owners, developers, and designers, to constantly challenge and improve your team's quality of product and processes.
- Owning the product's quality by performing manual testing with great attention to detail, user needs and product context.
- You will work with the team to improve the processes to ensure that the whole group meets the quality goals.
What we need and what you have:
- At least 2 years of experience as QA/Software Tester
- Strong knowledge of software testing processes
- Knowledge about test management tools e.g. Xray, TestRail, TestLink
- Proven experience in test cases design, end-to-end, and integration testing
- Exploratory testing experience
- Wide knowledge of testing methodologies and experience with different testing types (both functional and non-functional)
- Good communication skills, a strong sense of responsibility, attentiveness, and good learning skills
- Good understanding of Development Lifecycle
- Good self-organization skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in software automation
- Basic programming knowledge
- Knowledge about test automation frameworks e.g. TestCafe, Selenium
- Experience with source control tools e.g. Git
Founder + Lightning is much more than just a place to work. What sets us apart is our unique, people-centric culture that keeps evolving. Our culture is an integral part of our organisational DNA that is unrivalled by most in the industry.
Founder + Lightning is a place to learn, thrive, and grow. And we take great care in developing and nurturing it.
What do we believe in? Whenever in doubt remember to:
- Push the boundaries of what you think you can achieve.
- Just get on and do it.
- Do the right thing when nobody's looking.
- Really care about what you are working on and whom you are working with.
- Be approachable and behave in a way that makes people want to work with you.
We provide a wide range of benefits to make sure that everyone is satisfied and happy at work:
- Flexibility to work remotely if you do not wish to relocate to our HQ in Mohali, Punjab
- Internet reimbursement if you want to work from home
- Medical Insurance
- Yearly Health Checkups
- Learning Opportunities
You’re going to love it here!