Who we are
In our simplest form, we create startups that might otherwise not exist. We just can't get enough of empowering our founders to solve real problems with clever solutions. We live and breathe agile development and specialise in getting their start-ups to market. We also love to get up close and personal with our founders so we help them across the board with product guidance, business strategy, marketing campaigns, legal advice, future finance and more.
What you’ll be doing
- Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
- Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
- Developing unit tests for all codebases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
- Developing dynamic and intuitive application interfaces that deliver real value to the end-user
- Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
- Providing technically valid and cost-effective solutions to the founder
- Working alongside a specialist team (Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers)
- Taking responsibility and looking for viable solutions whilst working in a team
What we need and what you have:
- 3+ years experience in Node.js with good understanding of TypeScript and single-threaded, event-driven architecture. Toolset of choice for building all-things web in Node.js (preferably express for http servers and jest for testing)
- Experience with Heroku, Github and error tracking software (we use Rollbar). Or a will to learn.
- Experience with relational databases and database design (SQL Server and/or Postages)
- Basics of web security, or a will to learn
- Some knowledge of front end technologies (preferably React)
- General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment, CI, MVPs, Lean, Kanban
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication
ucreate is a place to learn, thrive and grow and we take great care in developing and nurturing it. We believe in:
- Pushing the boundaries of what we think we can achieve
- Just getting on and doing it
- Doing the right thing when nobody's looking
- Really caring about what we’re working on and who we’re working with
- Working independently and as part of a great team
What do we offer:
- Flexibility to work remotely if preferred
- Small well connected teams
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- A contract for an unlimited period
Founder + Lightning is much more than just a place to work. What sets us apart is our unique, people-centric culture that keeps evolving. Our culture is an integral part of our organisational DNA that is unrivalled by most in the industry.
Founder + Lightning is a place to learn, thrive, and grow. And we take great care in developing and nurturing it.
What do we believe in? Whenever in doubt remember to:
- Push the boundaries of what you think you can achieve.
- Just get on and do it.
- Do the right thing when nobody's looking.
- Really care about what you are working on and whom you are working with.
- Be approachable and behave in a way that makes people want to work with you.
You’re going to love it here!
Thank you for your interest, this position has been filled.